Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Storm's Deadliest Assault

Since the last time we talked life has gone on. I found my refuge in books. I bury all of my feelings and depression in the books. I spend most of my time in books. That coupled with Bear and my music makes it able for me to get by. I am fine.

I had very few friends in Alabama. It was finally dawning on me that I was not going back to Orlando. This added to my feelings of loss. I would not be seeing my family and friends in Orlando for awhile.

Around 2010 we moved to Theodore Alabama. I loved the Theodore area! The grocery store and library was only a five minute drive. When I could not drive anywhere I could walk to the nearest gas station. I always kept my doctor's appointments and went to therapy sessions. I really thought I was coping.

In February 2011 my FL best friend and Auntie come to visit me for my birthday. We explored the town and had a blast! They were here for about a week. These were my best moments in Alabama! They were not impressed with Mobile. Haha. My FL best friend and Auntie frequently took trips to New York City, Miami and Los Angeles.

In the summer of 2011 I moved out of my dad's house. I moved into independent housing units ran by Altapointe. Everyone that lived in the complex had a mental illness. I was finally alone.

I never lived completely alone. Before I always had at least one other person sharing the house with me. I was slowly losing my mind. The loneliness was driving me to insanity! I did not want to live anymore. I could not picture a life alone.

On July 4th 2011 I tried to take my own life. My brain disorder had a tight grip on me. I felt like I could not fight anymore.

Fortunately I texted a few family members of what I was planning to do. My older brother calls me and asks what is the matter. I tell him it is time for me to go to heaven and hang up on him. I texted my family my address so they could find my body. My FL best friend contacted one of my local friends. My local friend called the cops on me. The cops asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital to get better. I agreed to go in the ambulance. I stayed in the ER briefly before I was transferred to the mental ward where I spent five days.

When I was released I got sent back to my apartment where I tried to stay busy. I spent my days going to day treatment. In the evening a few friends would visit me. We would watch TV and have dinner together.

After three months I could no longer stand living by myself. Even though I had a few friends I still felt terribly alone. I moved back in with my dad in August.

Sometimes recovery takes a long time. You need to look back at where you started to realize you are getting better. I am recovering and have come a long way. In the months ahead I am going to show you the changes in my life. Sometimes painfully slow but that made me even more determined.

No comments: