Thursday, August 21, 2014

Real Friends In Alabama

In my previous blog entries I have talked about some family and friends that have helped me through my struggle. I have met six wonderful friends in Alabama! I would like to take a moment to talk about them and how they have helped me.

Marianne is one of the first friends I made here. We were roommates at a psychiatric hospital. She was very friendly and sociable. We talked often. After we left the hospital we lost touch for a few years. One day I was at Altapointe and Marianne saw me and held both of my hands. We were so happy to be reunited! Ever since then we have been in contact. She is such a generous person. I remember one day I was at her house eating some apple chips. I mentioned that they were tasty and she tried to get me to take home her entire bag of apple chips!

Sean is someone I have known for quite a while. I met Sean while sitting at a gas station with Bear. He was concerned about me and asked if I was alright. We talked for a bit and kept in touch. When I was in the hospital he came to visit me every single day! Sean came to check on me often while I was staying alone in my apartment. He was a great help! He never complained about having to take me grocery shopping and on other errands. I do not know what I would have done without him.

Brandon is another good friend of mine. I met him through one of my friends. He is very blunt and does not always think before he speaks. We used to go out to lunch often or to the park. Whenever I am in a bind Brandon never hesitates to give me a lending hand. If I am upset he finds a way to cheer me up.

Sara is my very best Alabama friend! We have known each other for a few years. However since January we have been getting especially close. She is the first person I would call if I am sad or sick. Sara gives good advice. We are together most of the time.

Zamora is a friend I met through my parents. When I am having issues she invites me over or offers to talk to me. We like to go out to eat and go shopping. Zamora is a beauty expert! Sometimes she does my eyebrows, hair and makeup!

One of my newest friends is Marcy. We met online. She has been living here since last summer. We emailed for a few months before we actually met in real life. Whenever I a am down Marcy suggests we go talk and do something fun. She likes to help me get my mind away from my troubles.

Since living in Alabama these friends are my support system. They are the people I am closest to. Sometimes we just hangout for fun. Also they are there for me when I have a serious problem such as depression. These are the friends I can count on the most. They make my world a little brighter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

More great work, Amy :) Did you also credit me, mom and Bobby, by name, as your core family/friend/help support units, and biggest gift givers to you, in an earlier blog?

Amyloukay said...

Thanks Christi. If you have been keeping up with my blog you have been mentioned in most of my blogs. This was about my AL friends. I will do one on family eventually!