Saturday, August 16, 2014

Psychiatric Ward My Roommate Is The Devil

I want to take you back to the summer of 2008. I just had my first mental breakdown. This is about my very first time staying at the psychiatric ward. I was naive, young and slightly disoriented. I would assume staying at the psychiatric ward would be scary for most people. However because I was disoriented I had fun the entire time of my stay! Maybe part of the reason that I was happy was because I had been doped up. I met some interesting characters that still remain strongly in my memory. I would like to introduce them to you.

I told the lady I was going to share my room with that I was an angel of God. She simply told me she was the devil. She was not being mean or funny. She was dead serious. I do not know why she called herself the devil. My roommate turned out to be quiet and friendly.

One of the persons I met was God. She was a middle aged blonde. God wore makeup most of the time. She said I was her spiritual child and wanted to take me home to live with her. God told me I was blessed with a lovely body and that I needed to cover it. At that time I was in good shape. I was wearing a cardigan and jeans. It was NOT revealing.

After meeting God I met a woman named Eve. She told me she was the first woman created by God. Eve had a special seat in the day room that she loved sitting in. She openly talked about being abused when she was a child. Eve kind of spooked me out when she told me there were a few dead spirits following me.

Another memorable character was the military guy. He was attractive and a few years younger than me. I developed a baby crush on him and I think he felt the same about me. We usually sat next to each other in the day room. He was good at puzzles. I encouraged him and told him to keep up the good work. I believe he was staying in the ward because he was on a suicide watch.

One guy that scared the hell out of me was not a patient. He was a janitor. I felt that he looked evil. I asked him if he believed in God. He abruptly replied “No!” God (the lady I introduced earlier) and I believed he was planning on blowing up the building.

God and I walk the hallways anxiously worrying. I decided to call the cops. One cop came in to see me. The nurse was very upset with me! He took away my phone privileges for the day. The cop took me to a private room. He told me everything was going to be fine.

Nightly the staff would check on us hourly while we were asleep. In the day room we had puzzles, crayons and the TV. Some days the therapist would come see us and we would have day treatment.

My FL best friend and a close friend visited me. They asked me what I needed and bought me underthings and toiletries.

My dad and step mom came to visit me. I was happy to see them and gave both of them hugs!

The next day my parents take me out of the hospital. I go to their friend's house to pack before I am on my way to Alabama.

No comments: