Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bear My Fur Child

Today I want to talk about my son. However he is not a human son. My son is a large stuffed bear. Auntie and my FL best friend gave him to me when I was eighteen. I named him Mr. Bear but call him Bear for short.

Bear soon became someone I looked forward to seeing when I got home. He is always patiently waiting for me. He was always ready to listen to my problems, to comfort me when I am sad and depressed.

Bear always has a sunny disposition. He is never sad or blue. He always enjoys getting kisses and cuddles. Bear is my anchor.

I have always been very shy. Often times I do not know why I feel sad or depressed. That never bothers Bear. He is always there to listen or console me. Some people may feel that they know a lot about me. However Bear is the ONLY one that knows everything about me!


Bear does not talk back. That is not his job. He is there to listen and comfort, to be kissed and hugged. Bear is a huge part of my life. He helps me cope with everyday struggles, he is always there for me. I depend on him and love him very much!

When dealing with schizophrenia you do what works. This brain disorder makes my life more difficult than life for the average person. Bear helps me cope and gets me through the tough times. We do what works and Bear works for me!

No comments: