Sunday, July 20, 2014

Middle School Years

My journey continues through my middle school years. I still had no idea of the trials I would face in later life. 
 
My dad finds a new wife. My step mom and I were not always on the same page. She has not been in America for very long. I am an American teenager. She still holds on strongly to old fashioned Laotian customs. People tell me they need their moms the most at this stage in life. There are a lot of changes going on in my mind and body. I have no one to discuss these things with.

My life changes dramatically when my little brother is born. I feel excited and scared at the same time. I loved my little brother dearly and still do but I found it very difficult to show him love and affection. This guilt was added to the sadness I already endured.

There is a girl that lives near me that becomes my best friend. I have known her for several years but we do not become especially close until I'm in the eighth grade. Her mom is like my second mom. I call her my auntie. Auntie and my best friend take me to their Christian church. My best friend and I go to teen bible studies. This is all new for me. Before I was used to going to Buddhist temples. Sometimes I feel hopeless. I am better at expressing myself through letters. Even though my best friend lives down the street I write her letters about how I want to give up on life. She always lifts me up and encourages me. Tells me everything will be okay. She is still my best friend till this day. Sometimes I call her my sister.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Miss Girl Who Lived Near Me Who Became My Best Friend LOL ^_^ You have a great memory to recall some of these details, Amy, I had forgotten some of this! Love knowing how you feel / felt too - Good work, and informative! Keep it up, thanks! Love ya! <3 :)

Amyloukay said...

Hey Christi! Well I did not remember it right off the bat about the letters. I had to to do some memory digging! Lol. Love ya! <3