Saturday, July 19, 2014

Childhood years

My earliest childhood memories are clues of what was to come. A lot of kids referred to me as a mute. I was very introverted. I rarely ever spoke. Usually I would not even speak unless I was spoken to first. I did not have many friends.

The person I spoke to regularly was my big brother. I have had a close relationship with him for most of my life. He is two years older than me. I also loved my stuffed animals dearly and they kept me company whenever I felt lonely.

When I was in the fifth grade I met a good friend that remains a good friend of mine until this very day.

A new girl joins my class. Sometimes I like to share my treats with other kids in my class. Everyone is sitting down to lunch. I give the new girl a piece of my licorice. She asks “What is that?” Another girl tells her “It is a piece of licorice.” Later as I am about to walk home the new girl tells me “Wait I do not want to walk home alone.” So we end up talking and walking home together.

Somehow I discovered music. Listening to music makes me high and lifts me out of my sadness. Most of the time I live in my own world and music is my ultimate escape.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog,keep it up Lou

Amyloukay said...

Thanks David! :D