Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Big Apple



In the spring of 2008 I took a trip to New York City! The guy I was dating at the time whom I was infatuated with, found out I had never been to New York. He wanted to treat me to a visit to the Big Apple. This was my first time flying on a plane. Going on this trip was the most exciting thing I had ever done!

We spent the night at the airport hotel. It was my first time finding chocolates on the pillow. There was a balcony where we sat and drank wine. I took a luxurious bubble bath.

The next day we boarded the plane in the morning. Having never been on a plane I felt it was a bit crowded. My mate gave me some gum. He told me to chew on it as we were taking off so my ears would not hurt. The attendants showed us how to put on oxygen masks and life vests. I remember how our flight attendant made me a mixed drink! They put on a movie but I was too excited to pay attention!

There was so much to see and do! People were all around me! We went to see Broadway shows. It was AWESOME! The tickets were about one hundred dollars a pop!

I remember having the most delicious cheesecake I had ever eaten in my life! It was so smooth. Then there was the subway. You can go just about anywhere in the city on them. It was fun!

I had the chance to walk around the campus of NYU. It was huge! We had coffee at Starbucks. I thought about how much fun it would be to attend this school.

We walked through Chinatown and Little Italy. People would try to persuade us to eat in their restaurants.

Later we ate at high rise restaurant right across from Ground Zero. That place looked like a construction zone. I also remember seeing some tents. Then we walked around Wall Street but I was not really impressed with it. Haha. 

This was a trip I will always remember! Flying on a plane. All the sites and sounds of New York. It was amazing to say the least! I definitely want to visit sometime soon!

No comments: